Автор: Белых Татьяна Павловна, учитель английского языка, МБОУ «Кармалинская средняя общеобразовательная школа» Нижнекамского района РТ
1. Развитие навыков аудирования;
2. Развитие навыков монологического высказывания по теме «Прогноз погоды».
Наглядность и оборудование: записи на доске, аудиозаписи.
Деятельность учителя и учащихся
Постановка целей и задач.
II. Обучение аудированию.
III. Обучение монологической речи.
-Good morning, pupils!
-Good morning, teacher!
-I’m glad to see you, sit down please. Who is on duty today? Who is absent?
Ok. What is the weather like today?
- The weather is cloudy and there is no wind windy. It’s cool outside.
- Thank you.
- Today we continue to speak about the weather and get to know more useful and interesting information. One will be about how to make a weather forecast. But first let’s remember the poem about some kind of weather. It is on the blackboard. Who would like to read it?
When the weather is wet
We must not fret.
When the weather is cold
We must not scold.
When the weather is warm
We must not storm.
But be thankful together
Whatever the weather.
- Very well! Let’s read it all together quickly.
Well, how do we know about the everyday temperature?
- On TV, radio, use thermometer.
-Yes, you are right. But are all thermometers in all courtiers equal? What scales do you know?
Look at the blackboard please. There are some useful words on it, let’s read them and translate:
Centigrade – шкала температур
Celsius – Цельсий
Fahrenheit – шкала температур по Фаренгейту
temperature – температура
above zero – выше нуля
below zero – ниже нуля
degree – градус
forecast – прогноз погоды, прогнозировать погоду.
Let’s read these words all together after me. Now read them one by one, begin please.
Open your books on p.8 ex.15. So what scales are used in different countries? Let’s read! Now can you answer my question?
- In Russia Celsius scale is used. In Britain they use both Celsius and Fahrenheit scales. In the USA temperature is measured in Fahrenheit.
Now we are going to listen to forecasts in different courtiers. Do you remember the words that can be use for describing the weather? Look at the table in ex.16 p.9. There are some names of big cities there, let’s remember their pronunciation, repeat these names after me. Very well! Now listen to the recording of the weather forecast and fill in the table. Be very attentive!
Now let’s check if you have done this task correct. Look at the blackboard please. One of you asks the question and another gives a full answer according to he information he had written in his table.
Question: What was the weather like in …?
Answer: It was … and … in … It was … degrees above (below) zero.
Are you ready to start? Who would like to be the first?
- What was the weather like in Amsterdam?
- It was cool and wet in Amsterdam. It was 6 degrees above zero. What was the weather like in Moscow?
- - It was sunny and cloudy in Moscow. It was 1 degree below zero. What was the weather like in St Petersburg?
We have read about changing the temperature according to the scale in ex.15. Now let’s try to complete the dialogue with the correct temperature! Ex.17 p.9. Who would like to read the dialogue? Well, how can we complete it? Very well. Now let’s listen to the recording and check if you are right.
Key: - I think it is +10 degrees Centigrade.
- That’s right! Thank you.
Are you tired? Let’s have a rest. Stand up please.
Stand up clap clap
Arms up clap clap
Step step arms down
Clap clap please sit down.
Now you know what the weather can be and how to tell about the weather forecast. Look at the table in ex.19 p.9. Listen to the weather forecast and tick the right variant. Tell you classmates about the weather for tomorrow.
Answer: In the morning it will be wet and cloudy. The temperature will be from 17 to 20 degrees Celsius above zero. At noon it will be sunshine and a light wind. The temperature will be 56-60 degrees Fahrenheit above zero.
Now I’ll give you 3 minutes to write a weather forecast in our area for yesterday, today and tomorrow. Use ex.20, 21 p.9 in your Student’s books.
Are you ready? Answer my question please: What was (is, will) the weather (be) like …?
Open your record books and write down the home task: you are to prepare your own weather forecast for tomorrow in any city you like (ex.22 p.9), ex.5 p.34
Thank you for the lesson and for the good job. Good bye!